What's In Today's Episode:
What if everyone knows I’m a mess? What if they see me for who I really am? What if they realize that I don’t have it all together?
We’ve all asked ourselves these questions. I’ve asked them myself more times than I can count. Our guest today, Rachel LeBeau, has also asked herself these questions and better yet, she’s learned how to beautifully overcome them.
Rachel LeBeau shares so much heart with the world and today she’s sharing that with us. Rachel is the creator of Heart, a mom, a former wedding planner, and so much more.
In this episode, she shares the amazing life lessons she’s learned from her incredible journey, as well as a part of her story that she’s never shared before.
Rachel shares the un-pretty realities of...
- Feeling fundamentally different from everyone else
- Realizing how expensive chasing our dreams can be
- Barely getting through the day in a stressful environment
- Being overwhelmed with constant worries
And the crazy, inspiring ways she...
- Refined and found clarity after crisis
- Started going for what she wanted and made things happen
- Built her wedding planning business from a dream and a $50 LLC
- Decided to sell her business and start a magazine
Rachel is unbelievably inspiring. She reminds us that we all have unique experiences that make our perspectives valuable. We have a lot to offer! As Rachel describes her experiences, you’ll find the courage to believe in your own voice and believe in what you have to offer.
In this episode, you’ll learn the GRIT + GLITTER of:
- Being brave and putting yourself out there
- Not placing your happiness in something you can’t control
- Bringing your big idea to life from the very beginning
- Finding success, even when things don’t go as planned
- Deciding to feel okay with not getting things done
- Remembering that we choose the things we do and don’t do
- Falling in love with the life you’re already living
The Raw Truth of Rachel LeBeau:
“It doesn’t have to go according to plan for you to consider it a success.”
“So much that’s touted as being great for women, is not attainable. If you’re going to tell me what I need for winter is $800 boots, that’s not a possibility.”
“I try to remind myself, I do all of this on purpose. No one’s making me. No one is depending on me to get that done. It doesn’t have to have this huge weight on it.”
“If we look at our day and think, ‘What did I get done today?’ It’s easy to feel like we failed, but if we look at it in bigger chunks, we can see things fall into place.”
“Realize what your limitations are, look at what your situation is and decide not to beat yourself up for things you can’t change.”
“You can still make a lot of good stuff out of a pile of poop.”
“If I’m always waiting until some arbitrary time to be happy, I may not ever get there.”
“The world could be so different if we believed that what we have to say is important.”
Share your favorite inspiration from this episode on social media + use #GritandGlitterPodcast!
Loving the podcast?
If you're loving the podcast, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes! I read every comment and they mean the world. Your support will allow me to keep growing the podcast and doing amazing things in this space!
If you missed out on the last round of the reINSPIRED course this year, don’t worry sweet dreamer. It's coming in January! Are you dreaming about kickstarting 2017 chasing those crazy, amazing dreams with me at your side? Stay tuned!